July 25, 2010

Rather large blog, due to: lack of a computer.

Errr... Viruses. No matter how careful you are, they seem to find their way in anyways. I'm ever so thankful to my computer nerd of a boyfriend for a fast fix! This blog my seem a bit lengthy, but I'm trying to get you caught up. Working full time, means not much time for projects, but I'm trying. No new pictures that I'm satisfied with, but the dresser is slowly coming along. Still working with paint thinner and a ton of sandpaper... I think I can, I think I can... Ha. I started trying out some recipes for an upcoming event... so I wanted to share a little on those.

Spicy ranch deviled eggs, definitely.


These bad boys, are 100% delicious. I've always loved the original deviled egg, but this tops that.
http://othersideof50.blogspot.com/2010/07/spicy-deviled-eggs.html

Next on the list, zucchini pepper jack muffins... unfortunately, they were gross, but made for a pretty picture:

I'm a fan of both, zucchini and pepper jack, love them. But these were blan, and icky = /

But we had the eggs, hummus, salsa, and cinnamon muffins (from a box mix, lack of time=no recipe made muffins). Good snacking.


I made 2 different flavored hummus. One side was with salsa mixed in, the other was with green olives. I love love love hummus, so I liked them equally. If you have garbanzo beans (chickpeas), some yogurt, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic, you've got your self the perfect start. Throw it in the blender to the texture of your liking, and you're done. Easy peasy.

Also I'd like to share a couple cool finds from this weekend. Yard sales and antique stores are my favorite... and I really scored this weekend...



At the end of a long day, of sitting out in the sun hoping people will buy your crap, people will give you some really good deals. All of this was $20. Plus there is a few things not pictured. But just the wooden high chair and changing table for dolls, would go for $80 easily brand new, and these are pretty much brand new :D!  So it was a great deal!

Then there was a camera... I couldn't resist.


I love old cameras. If I could find ones I like more often, I'd probably collect them... But with my suitcase collection, I don't know if I should start another... maybe. I'm just crazy in love with it.




Okay. I'm finished.


1 comment: