July 17, 2010

Meatless Burgers.

Some beans, rice, onions, garlic and ginger always make me smile. My favorite part of being a vegetarian, is the creative cooking. It's healthy and deee-lish!


Some ginger garlic rice and corn, complete the happiness!


Jamaican Veggie Burger:
2 TBS Olive Oil
2 1/4 CUPS Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Habanero Pepper
1 1/2 Grated Ginger Root
1 TSP Salt
3/4 TSP Alspice
3/4 TSP Nutmeg
2 1/4 CUPS Black Beans, or 2 CANS
2 1/4 CUPS Cooked Rice ( I use brown rice)
2 1/2 CUPS Bread Crumbs

-Buns

Heat 1 TBS of oil over med heat, stir in onion, garlic and habanero.
In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, when onion mixture is cooked, add to bowl.
Mix (smash) with hands and form burgers.
Heat remaining oil, cook burgers until browned, serve on buns.

As for the rice... it was the first time trying that recipe, I think I need a few more tries to have that perfected for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment