September 24, 2010

Comfort.

Who doesn't find comfort in a hot bowl of homemade mac and cheese?

My mom recently sent me a GF recipe for this and it couldn't have come at a better time then fall :)
And it's quite simple! Could it get any better? Oh yeah, it did with jalapeno salsa (which is my craving to go on anything and everything with even the slightest bit of cheese in it).

 


Recipe:
8 oz. GF (non GF can be used instead) elbow macaroni
8 oz chedder cheese

Sauce:
3/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1 tblsp. corn or potato starch
3/4 tsp salt
4 oz  Pepper Jack (you can sub monterey jack or cheddar)

Topping:
2oz. chedder cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain well. Set Aside.

Shred cheeses, keeping them apart.
In a microwave safe bowl combine sauce ingredients. Microwave and stir in 20 second intervals until the cheese has melted and sauce thickens slightly. The frequent stirring is necessary to avoid the scrambled egg effect.
Combine pasta, sauce and 8 ounces of shredded cheese. Mix well. Place in an oven safe casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 15 to 25 more minutes, until top begins to brown.


Huge thanks to my mom! It was wonderful and loved by all, even my brother in law who is a mac and cheese connoisseur, in fact both mac and cheese recipes I've posted have been loved by him. I must be good at this ;)

1 comment:

  1. Corey LOVES homemade mac and cheese. I might have to try this one out for him ;)

    ReplyDelete