May 5, 2011

Money saving, cleaning supplies!

I decided that I needed to save more money. So I went over what we spend money on and found ways to save. Here are 2 ways:

Laundry Detergent:

1 cup of Borax
1 cup of Washing Soda
1 bar of soap

You only use 2 tablespoons of this soap, so it goes a long way. I like so switch up the smell, so it always smells fresh and I don't get use to it. So I've used Ivory, Kirk's Castile, and Fels Naptha. All are good choices!  It's incredibly cheap to buy these products and make your own. Definitely a money saver.

Next, I wanted to try dishwasher detergent!


I have messed with the recipe a bit... now I use:

1 cup Borax
1 cup Baking Soda
1 Sugar Free Lemon powder drink mix (Kool Aid, Crystal Light, or any store brand work)

I will also add Vinegar to help with the rinse/drying for shiny dishes.

Again, works GREAT! and saves money. I don't know why I didn't start doing this sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment